We have tried to gather the Top 10 Christmas Assistance Programs and Thanksgiving Meal Holiday Programs available in Virginia.
1) Richmond Christmas Mother Fund in Richmond, Virginia
For 78 years, the Richmond Christmas Mother Fund has embraced children and families of the Richmond community who face hardship during the holidays.
Richmond Christmas Mother Fund
300 E. Franklin St.
Richmond, VA 23219
2) Henrico Christmas Mother Program in Henrico, Virginia
Who is eligible?
You must be living in Henrico County, Virginia to apply for the Henrico Christmas Mother program and meet income guidelines as well.
- Families with school age or younger children
- Adults 65 and over
- Adults with a documented disability
Goto in person and fill form: Henrico Christmas Mother Warehouse, 361 Dabbs House Road
3) Holiday Programs Offered by Salvation Army (Multiple Cities in Virginia)
This is one of the biggest Christmas assistance programs available for mother and children in various counties and cities across Virginia.
To register, the following details are required
1) A photo I.D.
2) Social security cards for applicants and ALL children
3) Birth certificate for ALL children
4) If the child is not the applicant’s, the applicant will need to provide proof of guardianship (custody papers)
5) Proof of expenses (rent/mortgage, cable and cell phone)
6) Proof of income (recent paycheck stubs)
Assistance is available for children ages birth to 14.
As an example,
To apply in Richmond, Virginia contact :
2 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220,
Catholic Charities of Arlington may be able to provide some assistance to low-income families in need during the holidays.
WUSQ FM – Q102 Country Radio, broadcasting from Winchester, sponsors a Christmas Wish program to help families in need with the items required to make their holiday season brighter.
Contact United Way:
Contact the local or regional office of the United Way. The national headquarters for the United Way provides this information and can be reached by calling 703-836-7112. In addition, the United Way maintains a local United Way finder online.
Ask a representative of the local or regional United Way about a “Christmas Bureau” or community-based, low-income holiday assistance program.
7) Local Food Banks and Pantries also have lot of provisions for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Contact Virginia Food Bank for further details.
8) Christmas Assistance – Norfolk, Christmas Baskets, Union Mission Ministries, Inc
A program of Union Mission Ministries
5100 East Virginia Beach Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23514
Holiday Assistance – Charlottesville, LOVE, Inc.
198 Spotnap Road Suiet C-1
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Deadline to apply for a Thanksgiving holiday meal food basket is November 19. First come, first served. Baskets will contain everything needed for a holiday meal, including a turkey. Requires referral from social worker. For more information and to apply please call (434)977-7777.
Holiday Assistance Program from Stanardsville, Greene County Social Services
10009 Spotswood Trail
Stanardsville, VA 22973
Kids Toy Lift for Christmas and refers to Greene Alliance for the Turkey Baskets, the Toys for Kids program and Christmas dinner.
9) Salem – Community Christmas Store
Community Christmas Store
P.O. Box 616
Salem, VA 24153
If you are in need of Christmas assistance in VIRGINIA, please comment below.
Do not forget so spread the word, share with your friends - share on Facebook, Like us, Tweet or Google+ Thanks for reading. Useful resources in our website:
11 Ways for Student Loan Debt Management
Single mother grants
Top 50 Scholarship Programs for women